One of my favourite Italian biscuits: Amaretti! Why? They are a perfect sweet treat with a cup of coffee and super easy and fast to make! That makes them perfect when you have people coming over for dinner and you need a little dessert you can prepare well ahead. Plus: The Italian almond biscuits are a key ingredient in many cakes and desserts! So here's the recipe!
Amaretti are a real Italian classic and the perfect biscuits for lazy bakers! If you got friends coming over and want to prepare a sweet, make amaretti! In under 45 minutes you have delicious homemade biscuits that are just perfect with a hot cup of coffee!
- 300 g ground almonds
- 6 drops bitter almond flavour
- 300 g sugar
- 3 egg whites (Medium sized eggs)
- icing sugar
- Prepare a meringue base with the almonds, the bitter almond flavour and the sugar. Beat the egg white stiff and slowly fold it in the mix you have prepared before.
- Form little balls from the mix and place them on a baking tray, covered with baking paper. Make sure to leave some space between the balls as they are going to rise in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 140 °C to 160 °C (upper and lower heat) and bake for about 25 minutes. Take them out of the oven an let cool for a few minutes, sprinkle with the icing sugar and let them cool completely. Done!