Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 400 g thinly sliced beef
- 200 g red and green capsicum (finely sliced)
- 100 g carrots (finely sliced)
- 2 small spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 small red chilies (finely chopped)
- a small piece of ginger (crushed)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- crushed sichuan pepper (about 5-10 pepper corns)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine or alternatively medium dry sherry
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- a small handful of sesame seeds
- Heat a pan until smoking, add beef and dry fry -> fry out the liquid and remove it before you continue.
- Add oil, spring onions, garlic, chili, sichuan pepper and ginger and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add vegetables and keep frying for 4-5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and rice wine or sherry and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds
- Serve with rice (I love black rice for a slightly nutty flavor).
Note: For the stir frying t's important that everything is finely sliced and chopped!