Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 400 g short pasta (i.e. penne)
- 1 head broccoli,sliced into very thin florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 glove garlic
- 1 small red chili (whole)
- salt & pepper to taste
- toasted pine nuts and shaved parmesan (optional but highly recommended :-))
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, add a pinch of salt.
- Add the pasta and broccoli and cook according to the cooking time for the pasta. Stir from time to time.
- If you'd like to add pine nuts and parmesan, use the cooking time to toast the pine nuts on low heat and to shave the parmesan.
- Drain pasta and broccoli and set aside
- Heat the olive oil, garlic and chili in the pot and fry until the garlic is golden brown.
- Toss in the pasta and broccoli and coat with the oil, season with pepper and salt, remove garlic and chili and place on the plate.
- Garnish with pine nuts and parmesan and serve
Tipp: If you add parmesan go easy on the salt as the parmesan adds a salty taste to the dish.